Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Brief Explanation.

Okay, so my Plans for building are:
To start from the seat, and attach everything on to it; Simply by welding 1" steel square pipe to the seat, and then slotting in 1/2" pipe and bolting it in place. This makes it easy for disassembling in-case of transport. I was going to buy a "Whitley Bomber" Seat off ebay, a plane that was around that era. But, as it was going for a high price, I decided to replicate my own spitfire seat, out of wood, and then coated in sheet aluminium, to give it that.. Tinny feel.
In order of building.. I'm going to build:
Seat -> Rudder pedals -> Trim wheel -> Controls -> Chassis lever -> Blind flying panel -> Then a shell to hold it all in.

Here are some simple plans a drew up, Not brilliant, and the final version is slightly modified from them, but you get the idea..

Photobucket Photobucket

I know the Images are not brilliant.
Basically, I've built a PC enclosure underneath my Pilots seat, to keep everything compact and organized. The seat is going to be the core of the whole sim; Everything will attach to it and everything will run from it. The PC enclosure basically is a steel frame, with a Checker plate tray on runners, on which I will mount my motherboard, HDDs & PSU. On each sides of the tray holes will be cut all the way through the seat and fans will be mounted. Not drawn on the plans, but still included, a "ButtKicker" Will be installed. Basically, all this is is a compact device that converts sound to vibrations, e.g The harder the sound, the harder the vibrations. To give you a true feeling that your actually flying the plane. There will only be one cushion on the seat now and that will act as a head rest. I will custom-make it out of leather, with foam stitched in strips.

No comments: