Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chair Updated!


Now you can see how I didn't really stick to my plans. I'm not a planning sort of person, I can plan things, but If I think it would look better a different way, that doesn't mean I'll drop everything and go back to the drawing board, I'll just adapt on the way, and I think thats one of the things that will make this project great.
The holes in the side are not only for carrying by, they are for threading the harness through, which will be fastened to the bottom corners of the seat.

If you are familiar with the Spitfire seats, You will know that the base of the seat is slightly bucket shaped. The best way I could reproduce this was to round the back into the base and a bump at the front. I tried steaming the MDF, but it only wanted to go one way, Up. I think though this gives a bucket feel when you sit in it, and will look alot smoother when I cover it in Aluminium. You can see the steel pipe that the Rudder pedals will be bolted to on the outsides.
Here you can see the spacious PC Enclosure, along with its drawer runners that are simply pot-riveted to the frame. You can also see here why I was a week on welding, grinding, sanding and polishing the old rusty box-pipe. I got it to clean up fairly well.








No comments: