Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Harness Makeover.

Okay, So I bought an old aeroplane harness buckle with connectors off my good friend Geremy for £20, with some old Land Rover seat belts glued to it. First thing I did was rip the seat belts off, then got on with taking the harness to bits. It was very scratched and old, and had stickers peeling off it. I took the back off to find a huge amount of dirt and dried up grease, along with four ball bearings. I put them in a jar along with the nut and bolt that held it together. I cleaned the inside with lighter petrol and a tooth brush, then got on with spraying it. I gave it a light sand, as well as etching all the stickers and dirt off with petrol again, then sprayed it in red primer. After leaving that overnight to dry, I sprayed it in some left over red gloss.
After re-greasing it, I put it back together, and was wowed with the results!

No comments: